Last week’s glimpse into the secret world of the Unknown Archives has shown us that there is more to Anderson Guitars than meets the eye—more depth than one could possibly imagine. Led by the hand, down the sequestered path, we discovered the existence of a Transparent Plum to Black Burst, Drop Top Classic—a color that had been shrouded in mystery (or we just hadn’t shown it)—until now.
Editor’s note: Rumor has it that Make’n Music is now in possession of a brand new Drop Top in that very same color with a traditional Anderson binding edge—the only one.
Shades of plum are closely related to purples as both are a blending of red and blue hues into a thing of beauty.
Brian Meader is a guitar expert. He really knows great guitars. That is why he loves Anderson and why his store, Washington Music Center, is an Anderson dealer. Brian had a dream—a vision really—of a Cobra S dancing through his head in the manifest form of Transparent Purple Burst—a coming together of our regular Transparent Purple, bursting out to a darker Transparent Purple Edge.
To date, this is the best web-shot known to exist as a demonstration of how gorgeous this color really is—although no picture can look as good as a real Anderson guitar does in person, in your hand or on stage.
Isn’t life great?
Well, it is once you flip the standby switch and this Cobra S roars to life with the bulk of a short-scale, mahogany-based guitar in combination with the more musical extended-bandwidth inherent in the “S” body shape and vintage-style tremolo bridge. Its full-sized humbucker delivers crushing chords and singing single notes while the dual M-Series pickups pack this style of guitar with no-prisoners single coil sounds for every occasion. Stevie Ray is now within reach.
Cobra S—goodness is all around you.
• MODEL: – Cobra S
• FINISH: – Transparent Purple Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Quilt Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Mahogany with African Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Happy Medium (Cobra Standard)
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – M1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – M1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – H3
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Push/Pull to split 3—for 6 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – Cream
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Washington Music/Wheaton, Maryland