It was the urgency in his voice that first alerted the Anderson Institute’s Central Command Center to rout Keith of Gelb Music’s call to level 5. Easily passing through G6 clearance check points, he reached the inner sanctum of Unknown Archives—a place so secret that it’s even unknown to all but the top 15 at Anderson.
Reaching yet another caring voice, Keith felt safe to verbalize his deepest needs, “If you could be any animal in the world, what would you…no wait…that’s not the question.” A bit flustered he began again, “I need information on a Drop Top Classic, but not just any Drop Top Classic, a Drop Top Classic without binding—so it looks a bit more vintage but still has that amazing maple top—in Plum. Is that possible?”
It was explained to Keith that a Drop Top or Drop Top Classic without binding is very rare. To do this requires it to be finished in some kind of burst with a dark/opaque edging.
“Yes, I was aware of that,” he continued, “but of the hundreds and hundreds of colors that appear on your website in the Guitar Gallery, there is no such burst of Plum. Is it even possible?”
A properly placed suspense-building silence on the other end of the phone was followed by three identifying questions Keith needed to answer correctly in order to proceed:
What is your mother’s maiden name?
What is your blood type?
If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?
Keith answered all three with razor sharp acuity…well, except for the animal one, but that’s okay.
Anyway, the electronic link to Anderson’s Unknown Archives was verified and established and Keith was immediately transmitted these encoded pictures of a Transparent Plum to Black Burst, Drop Top Classic with a Personalized Selection Maple top that was made for Cory in Canada and sent to Mothers Music.
For security purposes, of course, Keith’s comments have been withheld. Let us just suffice to say that Keith could not stop smiling for three days following the blessed event. Hey, it’s an Anderson thing.
• MODEL: – Drop Top Classic
• FINISH: – Transparent Plum to Black Burst
• BODY WOOD: – Personalized Selection Quilt Maple Top with Alder Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Madagascar Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Even Taper (T/A Standard)
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo with Powerbridge—for plugged-in Acoustic Guitar sounds
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – Pearl White
• NECK PICKUP: – H1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – VA12
• BRIDGE PICKUP: –H2+
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Master Splitter Switch & Add-Bridge Push/Pull—for 14 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – Black for VA12
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Mother’s Music/Canada