Oh, what a heritage this company has—so cool!
A good friend / Anderson-player was asking about a Pro Am featured in some kind of red and black motif and we said, what about a Bowling Ball paint job? One thing let to another and we realized we had never posted pictures of this wonderful, one-of-a-kind guitar.
So, we did…post them I mean. Now…Guitar of the Week for your viewing pleasure.
Pro Am—one of the original Anderson Guitar models from the early1980’s—such a revelation—thoroughly loved by players—and still is. It was the first guitar to appear that played like absolute butter—and with pickups (our H-series humbuckers) that were almost infinitely multi-dimensional, providing lush humbucker as well as single coil tones at your command.
This Pro Am is shown painted in a Bowling Ball finish. Bowling Ball finishes were a big, big deal and we offered them is several colors—and still do.
• Black & White
• Black & Gold
• Black & Green
• Black & Blue
• Black & Red
• White & Red
• White & Blue
• Black & Purple
Guess which color is featured on this Pro Am?
• MODEL: – Pro Am
• FINISH: – Bowling Ball – Black & Red
• BODY WOOD: – Basswood
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Even Taper
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch with R2 Locking Nut
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Medium—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Sunken Floyd Rose
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Black
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – H1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – none
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – H3
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way – for 6 sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – Black
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .009-.042 - Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating