Quite rightly (or not) this color could only be called, Mellow Yellow.
And what a vintage essence it bestows. No one knew better than Phillippe, how cool it could be, as he envisioned and ordered the very first Mellow Yellow, Classic from the Mesa/Boogie Factory store in Hollywood, California.
Once it was completed—just to stare at it—a thing of pure epoch beauty to behold.
And that is not even the best part.
Literally, your first chord reveals that The Classic’s lightweight Alder body croons with such a rich, sustaining resonance that it just may seem as though it could sing you to sleep after you put it into its case for the night—a sonic characteristic that makes playing so much easier and more rewarding.
Now, couple this to a flowingly smooth-playing Indian Rosewood fingerboard, backed with a hand-selected, hard rock Maple neck and topped with glisteningly slick Stainless Steel Frets—add a pinch, or more, of Anderson magic—and you have the ultimate playing experience—one that will immediately transform this guitar into you new best friend—one you feel you have known forever.
Traditionalists will immediately bolster their favorite amp’s tonalities via the VA7 pathway. A matched set of VA7, VA7R and VA7+ pickups serve up supremely sweet vintage shimmer with rich, underlying low, lows that give huge girth to anyone who has (or would like to) master real vintage single coil flavors.
And 14 sounds, readily controlled by customary, baby-simple-to-use, 5-Way switching…how cool is that!?
• 5-Way Switch—operates with normal settings
• One Master Volume—that will not loose highs when rolled down so it can function as a gain control, as well, if you are one of those players who likes to use the volume control for instant access to varied outputs.
• One very functional Tone Control that can actually shape sounds to your liking.
• Push/Pull switch on the Tone Control render Neck + Bridge and Neck + Middle + Bridge pickup combinations
• VA Booster—a passive (does not need a battery) 3 to 4 db boost. With a flick of the mini-toggle switch, it is like we installed the next hotter level pickup into your guitar, for those passages that require a touch more gain and saturation without altering the overall character.
So fabulous is this simple switching that clearly even Donovan is singing the praises of Anderson versatility, in his hit song from the 60s, Mellow Yellow, when he gloriously proclaims, “I’m just mad about fourteen, a fourteen’s mad about me…” Anderson switching, of course—14 sounds—what else could he mean?
• MODEL: – The Classic
• FINISH: – Mellow Yellow
• BODY WOOD: – Alder
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Natural Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Even-Taper
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 5/8-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Medium—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – Aged White
• NECK PICKUP: – VA7
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – VA7R
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – VA7+
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Add-Neck Push/Pull & VA Booster
• PICKUP COVERS: – Coffee Dipped
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Mesa/Boogie Factory Store/Hollywood, California