Roy is away from his desk for the moment and I will be taking over Guitar of the Week duties until he returns. Here goes:
Many in the mainstream mutually agree that this Hollow T Drop Top may be the most magnificently malleable musical instrument in this, or any other, macrocosm.
All right, let me try that again.
All I am saying is that in this millennium—and the last as well, and maybe even the next one too—the Anderson Hollow T Drop Top is without a doubt the most magnificent manifestation of musical metaphoric modeling clay, beautifully moldable to any momentous or moderate musical milestone you could ever be asked to manage.
Okay, hey wait; he’s coming back…hang on a second.
Many who know have called the Hollow T Drop Top the most versatile guitar on the planet! Time and performance have proven this bold statement to be most obviously true.
A show-stoppingly gorgeous maple top crowns your choice of a Mahogany, Alder, Swamp Ash or a Basswood-backed body. When outfitted as a Hum/Single/Hum pickup configuration, virtually any sound can be replicated in the heat of the gig or when the recording light illuminates—all with only one guitar. Prepared with a standard Anderson 5-Way switching system, 14 different sounds lay at your fingertips for immediate access:
• Neck Pickup—full-power humbucker
• Neck Pickup—single coil
• Neck & Middle Pickup—full-power neck humbucker combined with hum-canceling middle single coil
• Neck & Middle Pickup—neck single coil combined with middle single coil
• Middle Pickup—hum-canceling single coil
• Middle Pickup—single coil
• Middle & Bridge Pickup—hum-canceling middle single coil combined with full-power bridge humbucker
• Middle & Bridge Pickup—middle single coil combined with bridge single coil
• Bridge Pickup—single coil
• Bridge Pickup—full-power humbucker
• Neck & Bridge Pickup—full-power neck humbucker combined with full-power bridge humbucker
• Neck & Bridge Pickups—neck single coil combined with bridge single coil
• Neck & Middle & Bridge—full-power neck humbucker combined with hum-canceling middle single coil and combined with full-power bridge humbucker
• Neck & Middle & Bridge—neck single coil combined with middle single coil and combined with bridge single coil
Now that is an astounding amount of useable sounds to cover almost any auditory situation you will ever encounter in your musical endeavors. Other instruments pale by comparison. But, if you look closely that is not how this guitar has been created, for it is endowed with the Switcheroo switching system!
Switcheroo simply smiles at the thought of a mere 14 sonic selections. Switcheroo will not only deliver the aforementioned settings but easily adds all pickups in parallel wiring, as well as split and series, while enabling you to also mix and match combinations, so one pickup can be running in series while another is splitting while still another is announcing itself in parallel—all simultaneously. And yet with one flick of the Blower Switch, you are immediately routed from whatever complex rhythm tone you have chosen, to an all-out bridge solo tone that flat-out smokes. What more could you ask? How many sounds is this? We really don’t know. Every time we try to do the computations, the calculator goes into overload. Who knows, the actual number of sonic combinations a Switcheroo can produce may forever remain a mystery.
And while we are speaking of mystery, this Hollow T Drop Top does have a secret to share—something never before revealed. Atlantic Storm! Atlantic Storm is a new, dramatic, transparent bluish/black color brought to you courtesy of Anderson Guitarworks and the Dreaded Keeper of the Stone (Anderson’s Master Painter).
So, who was it with the depth and insight to order such an amazing instrument for their store? Why it was Ian at Rockit Music in Orange County, California. Yes, this could definitely qualify Ian as genius. But before we could go to press with this Hollow T Drop Top, it was snatched up. No worries though. We have the recipe and can do one for you, as you wish.
Gaze into the depths of this beautiful storm—and enjoy.
• MODEL: – Hollow T Drop Top
• FINISH: – Atlantic Storm with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Quilt Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – T/A Standard
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Fixed Bridge
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – H1-
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – SA1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: –H2+
• SWITCHING: – Switcheroo—for almost infinite sonic combinations
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – Black
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Rockit Music/Brea, California