Being a highly intelligent, inspired artist, Brian knew he wanted and needed The Classic from Anderson Guitarworks—a forgone conclusion—didn’t really even need to mention that part.
Brian looked, saw and liked Metallic Charcoal. In fact it was Brian who had this Guitar of the Week in 2004.
Wondering…Brian conferring with Jack of Jack’s Northeast Music Center. Could The Classic be made especially for him, finished in a Sparkle Charcoal?
The answer is pictured above. So nice!
And although Sparkle Charcoal is a dynamic, eye-catching finish, it will go with your entire stage wardrobe—no clashing—with anything or any other color—a very important aspect for some artists. But if that doesn’t matter and you often prefer to get dressed in the dark (which is cool too), Sparkle Charcoal is still just flat-out cool; any way you look at it.
Editors Note: We have no knowledge of Brian’s actual playing attire. All the above is pure conjecture for your entertainment.
Brian did not stop there; he loaded The Classic with new Anderson pickups of his choosing. The new SC1- (minus) pickups at the neck and middle positions deliver vintage-level, sweet single coil sounds in a hum-free presentation. With the SC1-s on board, you can dig in to them as you would S-type vintage coils. Wound with SC technology, they are sweet; we say they sound like angles singing through your amp and behave as such.
For relatively balanced output between single coil and humbucker pickups, Brian opted for one of our vintage-output humbuckers, an HC1+, sweet, soft highs with a muscular focused midrange—just like a good traditional humbuck should be.
Brain and Jack have done it again—yet another Guitar of the Week. Good work men!
• MODEL: – The Classic
• FINISH: – Sparkle Charcoal
• BODY WOOD: – Alder
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Natural Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – 60’s Vibe
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 5/8-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Jumbo—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – Aged White
• NECK PICKUP: – SC1-
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – SC1-
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – HC1+
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Add-Neck Push/Pull & VA Booster
• PICKUP COVERS: – Coffee Dipped + Nickel
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Jack’s Northeast Music Center/Dickson City, Pennsylvania