Welcome to the continuing:
Anderson Alert: Looking for a Previous NAMM 13 Guitar?
A quick click on the Anderson banner above takes you back to the Drop Top finished in Sheer Trans Black from last week—further fulfilling your Anderson NAMM needs by re-experiencing the guitars you already love or catching ones you may have missed.
Let’s Go to the Show!
It is a definite Happy Chinese New Year wish from Anderson Guitarworks! It is now The Year of the Snake.
How much more appropriate could that be as we continue our NAMM 2013 festivities with the premier member of the Cobra-family:
Cobra - the original and still unsurpassed.
This NAMM Cobra was chosen to be presented in a time-honored Honey Burst finish by the men of Mesa Boogie Factory Store in Hollywood California.
Oh yes, these guys do know great guitars and as such outfitted with dual HC-series pickups for dominate and dynamic vintage humbucker flavors, plus sumptuous single coil tones when needed.
What defines the entire Cobra-family is its Mahogany construction and shorter, 24 3/4-inch scale length. But Cobra also takes advantage of string-through-the-body string loading and straight string pull.
All this means raw mid-focused Mahogany power that is more vibrant and alive—low strings just bound forth. Nothing but nothing does this like Cobra - for real.
When Carroll Shelby completed the first AC Cobra car all those years ago, they took it out "hunting" other hot rods. Pulling up to the stoplight together, motors would rev. When the light turned green, Cobra would launch, leaving the rest to watch Cobra disappear - only tail lights still visible.
Hence the name, it is still all the same. Take your Cobra out to play.
• MODEL: – Cobra
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FINISH: – Honey Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Quilt Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – Matching Back
• NECK WOOD: – Mahogany with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching Gloss
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Happy Medium
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• FRETS: – Low-Rise—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Fixed Bridge
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – HC1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – N/A
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – HC3
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way for 2 pickups—6 sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – Chrome
• PICKUP RINGS: – Cream
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Mesa/Boogie Factory Store, Hollywood, California