...And back at the NAMM Show hanging out at the Anderson booth…
Who is the man with the hands and what has come over him? Well experiencing an Atom for the first time can be an overwhelming experience—even for a musical superstar. But a quick peek behind these famous fingers reveals none other than Pete Anderson—who appears to have been completely devastated. But Pete is not one to be taken back for long and quickly regained his composure. In fact he was so thrilled to be playing an Atom for the first time with us that he invented a new chord for this auspicious occasion. It is really amazing how virtually everything you play (even stuff invented on the spot) sounds so good when accompanied by the forceful mid-tones and graceful playability of this unique and inspiring instrument. Atom will definitely bring out more of the music that is in you and may even encourage a cool look for the camera.
You know Jim West has to be one amazing guitar player to be able to cop all the varying styles required for the Weird Al Shows. Jim seemed to really enjoy playing this Atom—perhaps a little too much, as we had to finally give him $7.50 so he would put it down long enough for someone else to get to at least touch it. You can’t help but love Jim.
And touch it he did as wunderkind Nick Sterling took Atom for a test drive. With a few more years of experience since we first started hanging with Nick, his playing has gained refinement and fluidity. We had a great time with him. This is the guy you need to watch. Let this be fair warning, he is coming!
Rooster is actually his nickname but that is what everyone calls him, including Chely Wright. Although we had never met face to face until this moment, we felt as if we knew him intimately—Guitar of the Week interviews can do that to you.
Perhaps that is the beauty of getting together with you every week.
Top Secret Perk for those who read to the bottom of Guitar of the Week: The Mesa/Boogie Factory Store in Hollywood California has this very guitar hiding within their store. Don’t say we told you so. We can say no more!
• MODEL: – Atom
• FINISH: – Dark Cherry Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Flame Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Mahogany with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching Dark Cherry
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Matching Dark Cherry Transparent Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Atom Standard
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Wraparound—Exclusive Anderson/Pigtail
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – H1-
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – N/A
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – H2+
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Push/Pull Switch—for 6 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: Mesa/Boogie Factory Store/Hollywood, California