Welcome…and continuing with the 2nd installment of the:
Anderson Guitarworks 2012 NAMM Extravaganza
Anderson Note: A quick click on the Anderson/NAMM logo takes you back to the previous NAMM 2012 instruments to further fulfill your Anderson NAMM enjoyment by reexperiencing what you already loved or catching up on what you missed.
Stay tuned to Guitar of the Week for all the 2012 NAMM guitars to show their faces here. For now, click the thumbnails below and enjoy
Michael Lent is the magnificent guitar player that has played with Barry Manilow since…huh…wow…as long as we can remember. Barry is a lucky guy to have Michel with him…and Michael will tell you he is equally fortunate, as well.
Michael has also always been an Anderson, Drop Top player. So when Michael dropped by our NAMM booth, he immediately dropped everything and was drawn to the Drop Top when we suggested a picture for Anderson party and posterity purposes—such a nice guy.
The Drop Top that Michael is holding is now at Evans Music City in Houston, Texas. We joined with the wonderful John Barker and Mac of Evans Music City to specifically outfit this Deep Tobacco Fade, Drop Top.
They chose a special complement of balanced SC2 pickups in the neck and middle positions for thicker and smoother single coil flavors, that will still easily project this wonderful guitar’s alder tone-wood foundation and will not hum in the key of 60 cycles between songs.
And for naturally legato singing lead tones to come forth when needed, our perennial H3 humbucker was nominated and delivers as promised.
The entire NAMM Drop Top lays out like this:
• MODEL: – Drop Top
• FINISH: – Deep Tobacco Fade with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Quilt Maple Top with Alder Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Even Taper
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – SC2
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – SC2
• BRIDGE PICKUP: –H3
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Add-Bridge & Bridge Splitter
• PICKUP COVERS: – Black
• PICKUP RINGS & SWITCH TIP: – Black
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Evans Music City/Houston, Texas
(a quick click here gets you back to the previous NAMM 2012 installment to further your Anderson NAMM experience.)