Editor’s note: For best viewing with Windows, right click (for Mac Ctrl-click) on the hyperlinks below and choose: “Open Link in New Window.” Once you are in a left click should automatically re-size the picture if you see any pixilated edges.
It has been well overdue, but now the time has finally come. This is Greg’s guitar—his very own Drop Top—the first Bora to Trans Blue Burst to appear with Natural back and sides. Greg has been a long, long time Anderson Player and lover but has not seen a guitar of his grace the pages of Guitar of the Week—until now.
Thank you Greg for your patience and your loyalty. You are a great guy.
It has been rewarded with flawless and effortless playability and better tone than ever before. Such is the legacy of the new Drop Top.
And as we intimated before (continuing the same theme of the Jack’s Pacific Blue Burst, Drop Top with the Natural Back and sides that appeared in the Guitar of the Week for November 16, 2008): We think it only natural that Greg and his beautiful Bora to Trans Blue Burst, Drop Top, with its Natural back and sides, naturally become Guitar of the Week, this week. It is the nature of all things right with the world to naturally appear just when they are needed. Keep watch.
Editor’s note: Say, did you notice the serial number/born-on date of this breathtaking (literally) Drop Top? What famous person shares this same date? (No, it’s not Aquaman, try again.)
• MODEL: – Drop Top
• FINISH: – Bora to Trans Blue Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Personalized Select Quilt Maple Top with Natural Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Happy Medium +.030
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – H1-
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – SF1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: –H2+
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Add-Bridge Push/Pull & Master Splitter
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS & SWITCH TIP: – Black
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Charleys/Dallas, Texas