And jumping right into guitar fun:
World Peace—not such a bad idea, right? In fact, it is a really good idea. And contrary to the popular belief that it is impossible to achieve, it is simpler than we think it ever could be to bring to reality.
It is a mere coming together of seeming differences to create a new whole.
Just say “yes” to another’s intrinsic value and worth, hold fast to that idea and all squabbles will fall away and what will emerge is a new and complete paradigm based on peace as its first tenant. Just one small step at a time—a smile or a nod will do.
In fact, I’m smiling right now. Simple, right?!
Okay then, if it is so easy, why haven’t we seen it before? It is because not very many really hold fast to the other’s value; instead we blow in the wind of momentary emotion. But if we do hold fast with patience, the world will be transformed. Nice.
Mongrel—is a magnificent musical demonstration of how easily differences can come together to make something new and beautiful.
Shall we sing about it?
“Come Together…” …wait…okay…singing later.
But yes, Mongrel is a coming together—of two diverse concepts:
• a ubiquitous “T”-based body silhouette (fashioned in Anderson-level excellence, of course)
joined with an
• Anderson “S”-style pickguard, body contours and usually outfitted with a vintage tremolo bridge.
Yes, Mongrel is a real coming together to create a new whole of harmony.
And this Mongrel is even a greater amalgamation than has previously been seen, as these are the first pictures of a Drop Mongrel-Shorty—a lot of different concepts coming together in a cohesive whole.
Shall we sing now?
Not yet, singing later. First, more vital Drop Mongrel-Shorty stats:
• Drop: meaning that this Mongrel is utilizing Anderson-invented Drop Top technology to present a gorgeous maple top that is “dropped” or bent over the forearm contour of the body to create an instrument with all the playing comforts of “home,” while radiating with gorgeous wood grain and allowing ample amounts of tone wood to support and define the guitar’s sonic signature. Very sweet!
• Shorty: meaning that this particular Mongrel was selected to be built with the shorter 24 ¾-inch scale length. Not traditional for any of these styles, the shorter 24 ¾-inch offers a bit easier reach between frets, slightly lower string tension and favors more midrange focus in its tonality. So, in short: select the Shorty option if you would like your Mongrel to add a bit more focused mid power and rounded highs to your traditional tone.
Appointments for this fine Drop Mongrel embrace:
• Chocolate Maple neck with a Rosewood Fingerboard for lush chocolaty visibility and the sound of a traditional Maple/Rosewood neck layup.
• Pickups of the Anderson M1, M1 and HF2 varieties standout atop the Pearl White pickguard. M-series pickups are now famous for bringing a Stevie Ray-type tonality to players who want “bigger” from their single coil tone without the need to lower pitch and increase string gauge.
• A Kickback circuit secluded within the easy-to-articulate 5-Way switching system enables M pickups to be “kicked back” to vintage level power with the flick of the mini toggle switch.
• The same wonderment mentioned above goes for the HF2 pickup in the bridge position. The ultra-musical HF2’s hot rod, vintage humbucker tonalities can also be “kicked back” to single coil level with a flick of the mini toggle. And all of the above mentioned switching majesty happens without the encroachment of 60-cycle hum—nice and quiet.
So it’s easy to see how all can come together and create a magnificent musical masterpiece in this wonderful world. Shall we go out singing?
“Come Together right now…over Mongrel.”
• MODEL: – Drop Mongrel
• SCALE LENGTH: – Shorty - 24 3/4-inch
• FINISH: – Burnished Orange Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Quilt Maple Top with Alder Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Chocolate Maple with Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Natural Gloss
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Even Taper
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• FRETS: – Low Rise—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – Pearl White
• NECK PICKUP: – M1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – M1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: –HF2
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Add-Bridge Push/Pull & Kickback—for 14 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Cosmo Music/Ontario, Canada