(click on the thumbnail pic for a big shot)
“That was great! I’ll be right back. I need to walk my girlfriend out.”
It’s crazy, but ever since I got this Raven, the women just seem to…
...want to play my guitar...
Oh my gosh, I was asleep—must have been dreaming. What was I dreaming about anyway…?
Oh yea...that Sparkle Charcoal, Raven at the Mesa/Boogie Store in Hollywood, again. Can’t get it out of my mind. But who would want to!?
Lightweight, nimble and ridiculously resonant, Raven resounds with huge chords—either complex or simply powerful power chords—both sound gargantuan, distinguishable and fantastic.
And can anyone say, 5 fret bends (a major 3rd, if needed)? What does this really mean? Unparalleled playability. So nice to touch and play. Makes my day more fun—for sure.
The dynamic Sparkle Charcoal finish shimmers under the lights—but is still a nice base color that blends well with everything.
PH1 pickup (soapbar sound) in the neck counterbalances and contrasts with the HC2 humbucker at the bridge for a full complement of tonal variety—8 (hum-free) to be exact.
Your Anderson all-access pass to these pickups is granted via a traditional 3-Way Toggle pickup selector switch and a “cut” switch (mini-toggle) for each pickup.
Easy, fast and fun.
This particular Raven’s body foundation is built solidly on Anderson-sourced, hand-selected, lightweight Alder—for low-midrange power and upper-midrange presence—at its very best.
The "fast and furious” (so sorry, absolutely could not resist) Anderson neck playability is the legendary, Even-Taper back-shape with a 1 11/16-nut-width and Heavy frets—bends to the moon (figuratively, of course).
And, take another look, you really can’t help but note the richness of the Rosewood Fingerboard, atop the perfectly cured Maple neck-back that allows you to hang on for dear life.
Play a Raven—even just one time—and calling it “The Ultimate Offset Guitar," becomes a gross understatement that makes you smile uncontrollably.
- MODEL: – Raven Classic
- Body Style: – Solid
- SCALE LENGTH: – Traditional - 25 1/2-inch
- BODY WOOD: – Alder
- FINISH: – Sparkle Charcoal
- NECK WOOD: – Maple Back with Rosewood Fingerboard
- HEADSTOCK FINISH: – Matching Gloss
- NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
- NECK BACKSHAPE: – Even-Taper
- NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
- FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
- BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo—Exclusive Anderson Design
- TUNING GEAR: – Locking
- HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
- NECK PICKUP: – PH1
- MIDDLE PICKUP: – none
- BRIDGE PICKUP: – HC2
- PICKGUARD: – Pearl White
- SWITCHING: – Big 3-Way Toggle with 2 Cut Switches
- PICKUP COVERS: – Open-Face Nickel on Neck, Nickel on Bridge
- SWITCH TIP: – Off White
- STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
- DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Mesa/Boogie Hollywood Factory Store, Hollywood, California