Magnificence in playability is an undeniable requirement for complete guitar fulfillment—the very foundation of every Anderson guitar—unparalleled playability.
But for some players, bringing forth their vintage vision also requires iconic styling cues—most notability, the inclusion of:
Three numbered knobs, a top jack, full-sized S-body and 1 rear strap button.
In the past the dilemma has been: How can I possibly give up pristine Anderson playability, full Major 3rd bends and ridiculously rich, multidimensional chording that rings out so wonderfully in tune? Playing an Anderson Guitar is like nothing else—to be sure.
So, so good!
But…when no one is looking and I close my eyes I sometimes still see myself as a vintage rocker. Why must I give up one for the other? In this day in age of "cake and eat it too,” there must be a way.
And the answer is now: Icon Classic
Icon Classic is the S-body Anderson with:
- Full-sized S-body
- 3 numbered knobs—1 volume and 2 tone—wired for full-function, given this layout.
- Top Jack
- 1 Rear Strap Button
- Satin Finishes—smooth and lavish in a vast array of color choices (a break-through satin finish process)
No trepidation remains for the fashion conscious vintage player—just flat-out Anderson performance hemmed by a vintage vibe now hailed as:
Icon Classic—welcome to the Vintage World of Performance.
- MODEL: – Icon Classic
- Body Style: – Solid - full-size S
- SCALE LENGTH: – Traditional 25 1/2-inch
- BODY WOOD: – Alder
- FINISH: – Satin Olympic White
- NECK WOOD: – Maple
- HEADSTOCK FINISH: – Natural Satin
- NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
- NECK BACKSHAPE: – Even Taper +.030
- NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
- FRETS: – Low-Rise—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
- BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo—Exclusive Anderson Design
- TUNING GEAR: – Locking
- HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
- NECK PICKUP: – VA7-
- MIDDLE PICKUP: – VA7R
- BRIDGE PICKUP: – VA7+
- PICKGUARD: – Aged White
- SWITCHING: – 5-Way, 3-Knob with Top Jack
- PICKUP COVERS: – Coffee Dipped
- Knob Color: – Off White - with numbers
- SWITCH TIP: – Off White
- STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
- DESTINATION/LOCATION: – NAMM Show - Sound Pure, Durham, North Carolina